Wednesday, November 8, 2017

more on the story

so I pulled out of the scene a bit and then stopped because diane was yelling 'wait wait' and I don't know what she was doing but I waited.
road conditions were bad, sides the road thick with snow the tires on the amblance not so great but doable.  I pulled out and went further up burnt mountain, missing an optimum turnout because it was covered in snow and going further up to the little logging oad where half burnt mountain was denuded of its beautiful tall trees.  I got safely off the road and the county cop came up to us and informed me the circumstances of the wreck.  seems the man had solicited and engaged a woman who'd gotten out of the car and left the scene.  the man was not an obvious drug user but was talking incoherently and suspected of a stroke.  the more I talked to the county cop themore he reminded me of a 'good' Sandy Hull, guys son that is troubled by drugs.
I went back to the rig and waited for Diana to package the patient as she had told me he was needing to go to the hospital.  I waied for her to buckled him up and it seemed to take her quite a while to figure out which belt went where.  I didn't time it, I only wrote down the mileage I noted at the scene and that was about the only time I had any control over the entries on the page.  I did make a time entry on 'scene arrival' following entries diane had made previous.  She told me later the time entries were all wrong andI told 'I did make a mileage ntry at the scne'
We got to Forks hospital without incident and it was when we were unloading the patient that it got very very bad.  Diane at no time assisted in the unloaded of the patient.  Rather she stood inside the compartment and told me 'You should be doing this, you should be doing this' until I became exacerbated with her goading me and told her to stop.  We couldn't get the burney legs to come down though we repeatedly pushed the plus and minus signs that control it.  Brigitte Soha and another EMT were on duty at the hospital and they were assisting at my request because I know i am not adept at using the gurney and have been off on vacation for several weeks.  My actual experience with the gurney is improving but it still needs some work and that can only come at this point by experience and having someone standing over you telling you 'should be doing this' is enough to cause a sense of extreme irritation in a frustrating critical situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment