Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

another in a series of very grim weather, the dog scratching at the garage door to be let in, having just watched yesterday the movie, Avatar, I went early this morning to the Reef to commit to  paint my impression of the story.  Very grandiose presentation, we could have done without the commercial exploitation theme but it is very prevalent here where the Reef is situated and one might think even causal to its restoration, if that's what I'm doing there.  But I don't see that I've ripped out the family tree where the village was, rather that I carefully handcut all the briars and transported them, also by hand to the truck, off to the woods where they might grow again, the wild rose and the black berry mainly.
On the radio at the Reef played the latin masses of some fellow writing music at the time Leonardo was  dreaming of his flying machine.  I watched the fire and stoked it with the raw cedar I've been scavenging.  It gradually warmed a bit and I hung some damp laundry out to dry while I painted. 
Now it is time for Mass which begins in twenty minutes and I have to quickly dress up a bit so that I'll be presentable.
Probably I will come back to this later, check emails and probably send off long overdue greetings to friends around the country. 
My painting muse is still Jackson and this morning it was a bit of Frost, whose poetry I am unfamiliar with, other than to know he was from New England.  It just seems as though his poetry speaks about the kind of winter we are in and why it is important to keep a warm hearth wherever you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment